Friday, November 23, 2012


This week, we learned about the importance of fathers in the home, it got me thinking about what I want for my future family after we had to write the fatherhood paper. I realized that when dating, I now not only need to date someone who love me and be a good husband, but love our children and be an amazing father. That is one of the most important things you can have in your family and now has me rethinking my dating life. That’s what I need to focus on more than things like his income, family, or looks. The other thing we talked about was the importance of finances in our marriage and families. This is a tough subject for me because I think about it a lot and wonder how much of an influence it should have on who I marry. I know that I need to marry someone that is good with finances and makes safe, realistic, and smart decisions with money, especially because I'm not the best at this, but how much money he is going to make should also play a part in my decision. It is realistic to think that the lifestyle that you grew up with will change in marriage and you have to be ready for that. You also have to know that if he makes less money than you are used to that it will be a difficult change. I grew up with money and I am the last child by quite a few years, so I am willing to admit that I am indeed spoiled. I grew up with nice things being important so it's hard for me think that I will have to choose to not have all nice things if I marry someone that makes less money than what I grew up with. So I guess my problem is that I have to decide how much that will effect my marriage and will it put stress on it.I guess this is something that will come up more when I'm dating someone seriously, but it's definitely something that was brought up with this topic this week in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment