Friday, November 9, 2012


This week, talking about families under stress and how they deal with them, the first thing that came to mind was Brother Williams and how much his family history played a part in his future family, their trials, stress, and how it helped him through it and prepare for it. When doing family history, he saw a trend of the oldest son in most families died. Even in his immediate family, he had brothers die, so this was something very real to him and close to his heart. I can't speak for him, but I think when he learned that about his family in past generations, it helped him cope with the loss of his brothers and the effect it had on his family. I think it also helped him realize how precious life is and that made him not take his children for granted. I haven’t done a lot of family history myself but I know that it’s something I want to do eventually because the blessings will help me and my future family in ways that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to do. Hearing the stories about what people have learned from doing family history is both inspiring and exciting. In my patriarchal blessing, it says that I will help many people by doing family history and will enjoy it greatly, so that is something I am looking forward to when I have the time and resources to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment